National Fibre Network
The TELUS National Fibre Network provides both low cost and high performance through technical innovation of an optical backbone, designed to deliver secure, individual channel speeds of 100 Gbps, and even faster in the future.
National Wireless Network
The TELUS National Wireless Network supports 4G+ LTE Advanced technology, with peak download speeds of 150 Mbps and peak upload speeds of 70 Mbps, for superior delivery of digital voice and messaging, high speed internet and data.
Peering & Transit
TELUS has established extensive peering and transit relationships with Tier 1 Global backbone and content providers to provide customers with fast access to the widest range of content and customers.
To expand the reach we can offer our customers, TELUS is continuously reviewing and adding capacity and direct peering connections with key carriers, ISPs and content providers, as well as being present in key Internet exchange points. Currently, TELUS is at Equinix in Chicago, the Ashburn Equinix and Switch and Data in Palo Alto, California. This expansion combined with our ongoing dedication to further improve our backbone performance will continue to drive our peering partnerships in the near future.
Intelligent Data Centres
TELUS Intelligent Data Centres are designed to support mission-critical internet business applications with maximum efficiency and security 24 hours a day.
The TELUS Intelligent Data Centres (IDCs) across Canada are world-class facilities for meeting current and future customer needs for hosted applications and data storage and management. At the IDCs TELUS manages applications and content for its customers including e-mail, web hosting, voice/text messaging services, e-commerce, data archiving, personal content and advanced web services.
- The facilities are connected to the Internet through our Tier-1 National IP backbone and extensive peering relationships provide direct access to customers and content worldwide.
- Highly secure, climate-controlled, fire and power protected conditions with redundant electrical and mechanical systems guarantee environmental factors do not impact availability.
- Cost-effective geographical redundancy options, with servers based in two different locations, load balanced across our IP network, provide further protection to maintain services in the event of an outage at one of the centres.
- The reinforced building structure includes fire, shatter- and bullet-proof glass and is protected by sophisticated surveillance, fire detection and fighting equipment with direct links to the Fire Department.
- Security staff remain on site 24 hours a day and are fully trained in fire suppression techniques.
- A secure pollution and static free environment is maintained by industry-leading power installation with back-up to ensure there is no deterioration of service or security in the event of an outage.
- Card key and biometric security permits access for authorized users on a 24x7x365 basis.